04/16/2024
BTC63,341.0
ETH3,105.54
USDT1.001
BNB547.71
SOL137.18
USDC1.0
XRP0.496793
DOGE0.157042
BUSD1.002

Huobi (HT) Price

HT
4,3
$0.619261
Market cap
99,324,535.0
Total volume
883,934
Circulating supply
159,406,077
Total supply
201,050,000
Huobi, ranking as the world's third most substantial digital currency trading platform, recently unveiled a novel cryptocurrency. Dubbed the Huobi Token (HT), it not only serves to appreciate the platform's dedicated clientele through reduced transaction fees but also holds intrinsic value when traded against established currencies. This initiative aims to augment the value provided to the vast user base of Huobi, predominantly situated in Asia. The introduction of the Huobi Token is a strategic move, mirroring the successful launches of similar loyalty incentive tokens by other trading platforms, with Binance Coin (BNB) leading the pack. BNB's creation cemented Binance’s dominance in the global exchange arena by offering trading fee discounts as a token of customer loyalty, essentially functioning as a rewards mechanism.

On January 22, 2018, Huobi made its plans public about rolling out a new token. Over a span of 15 days, Huobi intended to allocate 300 million HT (accounting for 60% of the entire supply) to its pro subscribers who availed of a discounted service bundle. Each day, a fresh allotment of HT was made accessible on a first-come, first-serve basis. Huobi emphasized that this method of token distribution was not to be confused with an ICO, since consumers were essentially purchasing a service bundle that includes HT, which in turn offers trading fee discounts. Launching the Huobi Token was a key strategy for the exchange to rejuvenate its client base following the imposition of stringent regulatory measures in China, which drastically curtailed cryptocurrency trading. In a dialogue with CoinDesk, Leon Li, the visionary behind Huobi, shared how regulatory alterations in China led to a dramatic 95% plunge in trading volume on the platform from September 15 to November 1, 2017.

The distribution process for the HT token kicked off on January 24 and concluded by February 7, 2018. Each distribution day witnessed the instantaneous sell-out of millions of tokens shortly after their release. By the end of this period, 300 million HT were allocated to Huobi Pro subscribers who had purchased the packages, marking 60% of the token's total public supply. The remaining 200 million HT, or 40% of the total supply, was earmarked for future use: 20% for user incentives and operational enhancements, and the other 20% reserved for the team, vested over a span of four years.

It's important to note that Huobi was not the pioneer in issuing its proprietary currency. Other exchanges like Binance (BNB), Bibox (BIX), KuCoin (KCS), and Coss (COSS) have ventured into similar initiatives by launching their own tokens.

How useful is this article for you?
Thank you for your review!

Converters HT

Explore more

Bitcoin (BTC)
$63,341.0
0.63%
Buy
Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
$486.28
1.06%
Buy
Chainlink (LINK)
$13.49
1.32%
Buy
Dai (DAI)
$0.998436
-0.06%
Buy
Litecoin (LTC)
$79.3
2.75%
Buy
Polkadot (DOT)
$6.72
2.15%
Buy
Polygon (MATIC)
$0.720675
3.59%
Buy
Tether (USDT)
$1.001
0.08%
Buy
Toncoin (TON)
$6.25
-3.42%
Buy
USD Coin (USDC)
$1.0
0.03%
Buy

News

Mixin Network Offers Hackers To Keep $20 Million

HowTo

How to Take Part in the Open League Season 1?
How to Buy Crypto on Telegram Wallet?